Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 5: the process

Working for myself and creating handmade jewelry, I've learned no two pieces will be exactly alike. This is definitely true about the creating and designing process as well. My fiancĂ© and I had different visions for each of our wedding bands. He wanted his wedding band to be completely smooth. 

While I being slightly sentimental on the other had wanted small elements of the rings past to be left present so that I could be reminded of it's origins. I think there is no right or wrong way - it's just our own personal style.



I actually ended up having two wedding bands made for me - one for our civil wedding that was in the Olympic Peninsula in May and another one especially for our church wedding in Szestno, Poland. The band that I used for the civil wedding was actually a collaboration with my fiancĂ© (I'll share a photo of that one in the next blog post) and a bit more about the collaboration.

Being able to pick our design styles and creating a dialogue of what we each wanted allowed for me to finally get started on redesigning these specials rings into our own pieces with our own personal stories.



































































Pictured above is my fiance's (now my husband's) wedding band and mine is the one with the word amo (our nickname to each other).

XO,
Ada Rosman

No comments: