Wednesday, September 22, 2010

fall is here.

Hello All!
It has definitely been a long time since my last blogpost. I hope everyone had a truly enjoyable summer. It is strange to think that today is the first day of fall. I feel like summer wasn't even here--- I suppose I was hoping for some more sunny days. Oh well. I have so many new things to share with you: new collections, custom work, travel photos, and much more.

To get back in the swing of things, I would like to share with you a new job that I started this summer. I am a jewelry curator for VAIN in Ballard-- it is such a fun position. It has been such a pleasure getting to know about VAIN as well as being a part of the Ballard ArtWalk. I really enjoying looking for new jewelers to feature. It is always so interesting to learn about what inspires different artists.

During the summer period (June-August), VAIN features a new jeweler each month for the Ballard ArtWalk as well as live music performance by local artists plus drinks and food. August was my first ArtWalk alone, since Aran Galligan the previous jewelry curator, metalsmith, and talented hairstylist at VAIN headed out east to start her postgraduate studies at SUNY New Paltz. The featured seller for August-September was Nancy O’Connell of Black Rabbit. Here she is with her work:



While August's live performance was by Hoquiam. Hoquiam is a band that is made up of two brothers, Drake and Damien Jurado. With their self-titled release, they have created an album based around their childhood in Grays Harbor.



The rest of the year VAIN participates every other month in the Ballard ArtWalk by featuring a new jeweler. Part of my job is also to write up blogposts about the Ballard ArtWalk event at VAIN. Head on over to VAIN's blog to see more photos from previous events. The blog also features awesome blogposts by others at the salon about hair, products, as well as updates on all things VAIN.

No comments: