Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Work in Progress:: Kelly Green Bridesmaid Jewelry

Hello everyone! It has definitely been quite some time since my last blog post. My trip to Florida was absolutely lovely and a much needed break from studio work. I definitely got a ton of inspiration and I'm looking forward to sharing with you the new collection that will be out later this spring. But until then, I would love to share with you some custom orders that I am working on.

Today, I would like to feature a special green inspired necklace. My friend contacted me if I had any green jewelry. Her friend is getting married and she is one of the bridesmaids. She forwarded me an email with the inspiration for the necklace--- the kelly green ties that the groomsmen will be wearing.

green tie

She told me that she really liked my re-styled vintage collection and would love to have a piece of jewelry that incorporated vintage elements as well as it being a statement piece. I came up with some sketches and emailed the following ideas to her.

green inspiration: sketches


From those sketches I was able to find out what Maria liked and didn't like, which resulted in the following design.

work in progress: detail


The necklace will incorporate a mix of magnesite turquoise, a strand of silver colored freshwater pearls, a lovely vintage chunky faux gold chain plus two strands of green mother of pearl shell coin beads. Plus some lovely vintage art deco glass buttons in green which will be incorporated randomly throughout the necklace. I can't wait to share with you the final piece, but you'll have to wait until May for that! ;)

No comments: