Tuesday, November 2, 2010

bridesmaid jewelry: Eileen + Walt

This past summer, I had the wonderful opportunity to make some lovely bridesmaid jewelry for Eileen. Eileen found my work while browsing through Etsy and was drawn to my La Petite Pearle- Necklace.

It amazes me, how Etsy is able to connect people from different parts of the world. I was excited to hear Eileen wanted me to make her bridesmaid jewelry. Personally, I feel truly honored (also, a bit anxious) to be a part of somebody's wedding day. I think it is such a unique experience to know someone has picked your work to have as well as share with others on their big day.

0103

While discussing details about the necklaces and perhaps using different stones or patina, Eileen mentioned she wanted some earrings to match. I shared with her an option that is currently available (Modern Pearl- Earrings) in my Etsy shop and also forwarded her an image of ones that have been featured on my blog before. She initially liked both, but was drawn to the dangling earrings a bit more.

bridesmaid jewelry: Eileen + Walt

I had mentioned to Eileen early in our correspondence, that I enjoy featuring work on my blog. I really take joy in having the chance to get to know my clients; who they are, where there from, and what the pieces mean to them.

0448

A special little detail, that I love to do for my brides is to give them the option to personalize their jewelry bags with their wedding date and their initials or names.

As you can tell from the image below, Eileen and Walt's wedding was on July 31, 2010. Each of the bridesmaids had their names placed on their jewelry bag along with Eileen and Walt's wedding date. Eileen had also mentioned that the bridesmaids dresses would be a blue jay color, which I incorporated into the outside packaging with the ribbon and custom stamped name tags.

Eileen + Walt Wedding

I learned from Eileen that she met her husband (Walt) at Lebanon Valley College in Annville, Pennsylvania. They had been friends for a long time, however, they didn't start dating until a couple of years after they graduated.

0130

Eileen said that "the wedding day was absolutely beautiful!" The weather leading up to the wedding day had been so hot (95 degrees plus) and on that day, they couldn't have asked for better weather (sunny at like 80 degrees). The day was filled with close family and friends. The bridal party was all family and friends from different aspects of each of their lives (work, college, life-long friends, church).

bridesmaid jewelry: Eileen + Walt

Thank you Eileen for sharing your story and for letting me be a part of your wedding day. Congratulations to both of you. Best wishes for a lifetime of love and happiness. And Eileen, thank you for sending over the photos of you with some of your bridesmaids--- you looked absolutely radiant!

No comments: