Monday, September 21, 2009

80's revisited.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned I would include some detail images of my 80's revisited series as well as describe what makes these pieces different from my usual studio work. The pieces as mentioned before were made in collaboration with Christy Pelland of c.pelland photography and Melissa Anderson (hair and makeup stylist) of Che'mel Salon for a photo shot. Just like with my other studio work, I used found objects in making each one of these pieces.


However, it was different from my usual pieces because of the 80’s theme required for the project. With these pieces, I challenged myself to remake and rethink the way you look at vintage jewelry and a certain period in time.
In these pieces, I was drawn to making something unique from mass produced pieces that came from a period which really had no historical context and was more fashion oriented.



Here is a link to where you can find images from the photo shoot: urban glam

No comments: