Monday, May 4, 2009

Metal-Urge.

You probably are wondering what this blog title is about.....

Metal-Urge is a metal arts event that will be taking place throughout the city of Tacoma from June 6-September 20. The event will include more than 100 metal artists at 24 different downtown Tacoma venues. Metal-Urge coincides with two major metal art-oriented exhibits at the Tacoma Art Museum:

"Ornament as Art"
Avant-Garde Jewelry from the Helen Williams Drutt Collection
June 6 - September 13, 2009

"Loud Bones"
The Jewelry of Nancy Worden
June 27 - September 20, 2009

Not only will there be various exhibits....there will also be workshops, festivals and more.

I also wanted to share some great news! I had sent in an application to take part in Metal-Urge. Last Thursday, I found out that I have been chosen to show some of my work at Traver Gallery in Tacoma. It will be a group show with narrative jewelry from Nancy Worden, Ron Ho, Laurie Hall as well as beautiful forms and vessels by Catherine Grisez. I am really glad that I will be taking part in Metal-Urge and am thrilled that I will be showing my one of a kind work at Traver Gallery. I am also truly excited to be showing my work with artists that I have admired.

No comments: