Friday, July 17, 2009

Hick Party.

Today, I wanted to share with you an event that I will be taking part in. Christy Pelland and her husband Shaun are putting together this wonderful Hick Party...


This year it will be a blowout benefit where 100% of all donations go to the American Cancer Society.


They've also come up with an auction which will include themed chairs--- similiar to themed baskets, but with hand decorated chairs that are filled with all kinds of goodies. I will be making a princess tiara and wand for the Lil' Girls Chair (non-metal of course... so this should be very interesting). HAHA. I will also be making the crowns for the winners of the Best Dressed Contest. As well as some hickalicious jewelry for the best dressed lady. HA! I think it will be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to being a part of this cause. I will keep you all posted on my non-metal and metal crafts in the weeks to come.

This weekend is also the opening reception of Entrance Denied at Mineral in Tacoma. Description of gallery show:

"Entrance Denied explores the underpinnings of desire through an iconic form - the chastity belt - recast by more than 20 artists including Carla Grahn, Julia Lowther, Dorothy Cheng, Frederick Park and Naomi Landig. This exhibit is being shown in tandem with The Seven Deadly Sins at Mineral/Gallery 301."

I am looking forward to seeing my friends work! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Ciao!

No comments: